Who we are
With offices in Brooklyn and London, we are a global team of hard-working, dynamic and quirky employees committed to a world where people help each other overcome all obstacles. We are a diverse lot, with backgrounds that include operations, hospitality, construction, consulting, banking, law and the military—and experience at elite organizations like the Olympics, Disney, the US Army, IDEO, and Red Bull.
Why Join Tough Mudder?
People are our most important asset, and we believe in providing our employees with life-changing experiences just as we do with our customers. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Tough Mudder:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive health insurance benefits
- Pension (e.g. 401(k) plan)
- Discretionary annual individual/company performance based bonus
- Referral bonuses
- Ongoing career development opportunities and management training
- Tough Mudder University
- Fitness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Charitable opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Discounted gear with our sponsors
- Company retreats
- Quarterly team fun events (baseball games, barbecues, scavenger hunts)
- Free entries to Tough Mudder events for friends and family
Tough Mudder is a great place to work, but it’s not for everyone. We take pride in having extremely high expectations for both ourselves and for each other. Tough Mudder is the hardest job any of us has ever had, but it is also the most interesting and rewarding.
What we look for
Getting hired into Tough Mudder is no easy task. We look for applicants who not only have the required career experience for the role, but who also fit our company culture, which is based on the Tough Mudder PACT.
What you need to know
- We look for ambitious people with high standards of excellence.
- We seek out candidates who have a proven track record of being results-driven.
- We look hard for people who are curious and inquisitive and who seek to continuously improve.
- We want colleagues who are honest, self-aware, a bit quirky, and who put teamwork first.
Meet the CEO and Founder
CEO & Founder
Will is a graduate of Harvard Business School and the University of Bristol. Prior to founding Tough Mudder, he worked as a counterterrorism officer at the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and founded two other companies. A native of Great Britain, Will grew up in the Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, England, where his family still lives. He has been named to Crain’s annual 40 Under 40 list, was included on Fortune’s 40 Under 40: Ones to Watch list, and received the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Emerging Award. Dean was also awarded the WWP Talkhouse Award for his service efforts.